What is Hair Transplant Cost in Bangalore?
A typical hair transplant procedure in Bangalore costs around ₹98,000. The minimum hair transplant cost in Bangalore is usually around ₹77,000, while the maximum cost can shoot up to ₹1,65,000.
Since most hair transplant procedures involve transferring grafts from one location of the scalp to another, the prices also vary based on the number of grafts transferred. The cost per graft can be anywhere between ₹25 to ₹45 in Bangalore.
Factors affecting hair transplant cost in Bangalore
Experience of the dermatologist
Most hair transplant procedures are invasive. As a result, you need a dermatologist with good experience to perform the same. This will ensure that you stay away from all risks and side effects associated with the treatment. However, as the experience of the dermatologist increases, the cost of the procedure also increases.
There are multiple hair transplant techniques currently available. And new techniques are being invented every day. The cost of the treatment will vary based on the technique adopted by the dermatologists.
The clinic you pick
A well-established clinic will charge you more than a newly started clinic. Similarly, larger and more sophisticated clinics will charge more than small clinics. This is understandable as the former will have more expenses in the form of multiple doctor salaries, nurses and staff salaries, advanced equipment, etc. The higher cost they charge will reflect on the services they offer.
The number of grafts
Some clinics and dermatologists in Bangalore charge for hair transplant procedures based on the number of grafts required. The more the number of grafts, the more would be the cost of the treatment.
FUE hair transplant cost in Bangalore
In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant, individual hair follicles are extracted from the donor area and inserted into the recipient area. Dermatologists use micro punches to retrieve a hair follicle without leaving behind any scars. In FUE, the grafts are usually quite healthy, and there is minimum wastage. Also, there is hardly any downtime; you can go home immediately after the procedure.
The cost of a FUE hair transplant in Bangalore is dependent on the number of grafts needed. The cost of FUE in Bangalore ranges from ₹30/graft to ₹45/graft. To the unversed, a graft is a piece of tissue that contains hair follicles.
FUSS hair transplant cost in Bangalore
The Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) is a common type of hair transplantation treatment in Bangalore. In this, a long incision is created on the donor area, and a thin piece of tissue is removed from it. The dermatologists will then use a tool to remove individual follicles from this strip. The incision is finally closed, leaving behind a linear scar.
The cost of FUSS hair transplant in Bangalore is again based on the number of grafts. It ranges from ₹25/graft to ₹40/graft.
PRP treatment cost in Bangalore
Platelet Rich Plasma treatment is another popular hair restoration treatment. In this, a blood sample is collected from the patient and transferred to a centrifuge. This device concentrates the blood platelets and finally produces platelet-rich plasma. The dermatologist then extracts the platelet-rich plasma and injects it into the patient’s scalp.
PRP treatment has no side effects as your own blood is used for the treatment, The procedure is quick, and there is no downtime after the procedure. PRP is best suited for people who are experiencing hair thinning or are at the beginning stages of hair loss.
The price for a single session of PRP treatment in Bangalore is around ₹8000 to ₹12,000.
Tests performed before a hair transplant procedure
For Donor Site
- The dermatologist will analyze and scan your hair to identify the donor hair type, thickness of the hair, and donor area size.
- The dermatologist will choose the right procedure based on the above results. It could also be a combination of multiple procedures to achieve the desired result.
For Recipient Site
- A careful assessment will be performed on the recipient site to determine hairline design, temporal hump, vascularity, existing hairs, and future progressions.
- The dermatologist will also check for the appropriate position of slits in the donor area.
Do’s and don’ts before a hair transplant procedure
- It is best to avoid consuming caffeine and tea 2 to 3 days before the procedure.
- Wash your hair well on the morning of the procedure.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol for at least 7 days before the procedure.
- Inform doctors about all the medication that you are taking.
- Avoid aspirin and other anti-inflammatory medicines 7 days before the procedure.
- Try to avoid oily and spicy food items 2-3 days before the procedure.
Dos and Don’ts after a hair transplant procedure
- Stay away from the sun for at least 1 week after the treatment.
- Do not wear a helmet for a month after the procedure.
- Avoid any dust in the treated area for at least a week.
- Use the shampoo that has been prescribed by the dermatologist.
- Use a surgical cap when you step out of the house.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking for at least 15 days after the treatment.
- Do not perform strenuous activities like gymnastics or swimming for at least 2 months after the treatment.
- To maintain good hair growth, follow the diet plan provided by the dermatologist.
- Take the medication prescribed by the dermatologist regularly.
Hair transplant procedure: Before and After
Why go for a hair transplant at Dr.Renu Skin & Hair Clinic?
- Dr. Renu has over 10 years of experience in performing hair transplant procedures. She has practiced this procedure in most of the top Indian cities, adding to her rich experience.
- The nurses and support staff at Dr. Renu’s skin & hair clinics are certified, trained, and well experienced.
- The clinic has various advanced equipment and state-of-the-art technology, helping dermatologists perform the treatment with minimal side effects.
- The entire procedure is kept transparent; the number of grafts, units, and hair follicles needed and obtained is disclosed to the patient.
- Counseling will be provided to the patient before opting for the treatment.
Book an appointment with Dr. Renu now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will my hair transplant results look completely natural?
Yes, the hair that grows from a hair transplant procedure usually looks very natural. However, the end results are dependent on your dermatologist and their experience.
How long does a hair transplant procedure take?
The duration of a hair transplant procedure can vary based on various conditions, such as the volume of hair that needs to be transplanted. However, on average, it takes anywhere between 4 to 8 hours.
Does the hair transplant procedure hurt?
A local anesthetic would be administered before the start of the procedure. As a result, the patient would experience no pain during the procedure. However, in rare cases, there might be some discomfort.
What is the recovery/healing time?
Based on the type of procedure, recovery time will vary. Usually, patients can go back to their routine life 3-5 days after the procedure. Patients who underwent the FUSS procedure may take 10-15 days for a full recovery.
When will my newly transplanted hair start to grow?
In most cases, you can start noticing new hair growth within 8 to 12 months after the procedure.
Are the results permanent?
Yes, the results are permanent. The patient will no longer experience baldness in the area after the procedure. However, as time passes, even this hair will start to thin.
Is the hair patch made from real human hair?
Yes, real human hairs are weaved into these patches. Hair patches are usually used to cover a specific spot over the head. These are made out of silicone bases. These silicon bases are porous in between, which aids in oxidation.
Can you have a hair transplant at any age?
There is no right or wrong age when it comes to hair transplant procedures. But most dermatologists will strongly recommend that the minimum age for this treatment should be 25. This is because, at this age, the hair loss starts to stabilize.