In this post, we are going to answer all your important questions on laser tattoo removal in Bangalore. Tattoos have become extremely common today, particularly in cities like Bangalore. It is a symbol of fashion for most millennials and Gen Zs.
Some of you might already know that tattoos are permanently inked on your body. As a result, there have been many regretful and unhappy results in the past. Things started changing. Many new techniques came up to remove tattoos.
Surgical treatment was quite popular in the past. However, it had its limitations. For starters, it could remove only a small tattoo. Secondly, it left behind a scar in most cases. On top of it, the results were highly unpredictable, and side effects were plenty.
A search for an alternate treatment commenced; something that could completely eliminate all these limitations. And it was that search that led to the rise of laser tattoo removal treatment.
Can a permanent tattoo be removed by laser?
To answer this question, it is important to understand how tattoos are done on the skin.
A permanent tattoo is made by an electric-powered needle that injects ink into the skin. This needle can puncture 3000 holes a minute and penetrate 1mm deep into the skin. It crosses the epidermis layer in this process and pushes the ink into the dermis layer. The ink particles remain inside this layer forming the design you desire.
As you would have guessed by this explanation, permanent tattoos are very hard to remove once they have been inked into the skin. Hence the name. As we age, the tattoo fades to an extent, but it will not be completely erased.
Removing permanent tattoos used to be a tedious and complicated process. In fact, earlier removal techniques caused more pain than one would actually experience while getting the tattoo.
But laser tattoo removal was different. It had minimal side effects and had very promising results. In this, dermatologists concentrate a high beam of laser on the tattoo. This, in turn, will heat the ink and break it into minuscule particles, thus erasing them completely.
Advantages of Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser tattoo removal is an FDA-approved procedure. It is completely safe and can be performed on any individual. It has hardly any side effects.
- It can significantly reduce the appearance of tattoos without impacting the surrounding areas.
- It can be applied to tattoos of any shape and size.
- It can remove even a specific part of a tattoo.
- The recovery time is minimal.
- In most cases, there is no scarring.
- Since it is a non-invasive procedure, there will be no cuts on the skin.
How much does laser tattoo removal cost in Bangalore?
Multiple factors come into play while determining the actual cost of laser tattoo removal in Bangalore. Here are some of the important ones –
- The size of the tattoo: The bigger the size, the more time and sessions are required.
- The location of the tattoo: Removing the tattoo from delicate areas can be challenging for the dermatologist. It can cause a lot more discomfort and pain to the patient if not done properly. So doctors have to take extra time and extra precautions.
- The color of the tattoo: Black is the easiest color to remove. Other colors require specialized lasers to remove. Multi-colored tattoos are the most complicated and hence cost more.
- The ink used: Certain inks are heavy and can make them a lot more difficult to remove. This will require more advanced lasers.
When you consider all the above factors and the overall experience of the dermatologist, laser tattoo removal in Bangalore can cost anywhere between ₹5,000 to ₹40,000 per session. In most cases, you would require multiple sessions to get the desired results.
How Do We Remove Tattoos at Dr.Renu’s clinic?
- There will be a consultation where we perform some basic tests to understand the skin type, the area to be treated, and the tattoo. We will also understand the expectations of the patient from the treatment.
- We will apprise the patient about the procedure and the number of sessions that would be required to achieve the desired result.
- Based on our analysis, we will identify the right kind of laser that needs to be used for the tattoo removal process. Popular ones include Q-Switched and Nd: YAG laser.
- On the day of the procedure, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb the pain.
- We will perform a patch test on a small area of your skin to understand the skin’s reaction to the laser.
- Once everything is in place, we will begin the treatment by passing a high-intensity beam on the tattoo. This high-intensity pulse will heat the ink inside the skin and dissolve it.
- Once the treatment for the day is over, we will inform you about the day and time of the next session (if needed).
- Before leaving, an antibacterial ointment will be applied to the skin to reduce the risk of infection.
Why should you choose us for laser tattoo removal?
The decision to remove a tattoo is not easy. But it’s more difficult to decide where to remove it. It’s something you must decide after a lot of contemplation and research. Getting it done by an inexperienced professional can cause more harm than good. Choosing a well-experienced dermatologist and a well-equipped clinic is important to achieve the desired results with minimal side effects.
Dr. Renu’s clinic checks all the above boxes. She has over 10 years of experience in removing laser tattoos. The clinic has all the advanced equipment needed to remove tattoos, including medically certified laser equipment. The doctors at our clinic keep patient safety as their primary objective. We perform every necessary tests to eliminate even the remotest chances of side effects cropping up after the treatment.
Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare
- Avoid any strenuous activity for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Wear sunscreen and try to stay away from the sun for a few days. Or at least keep the treated area protected.
- Apply an ice pack or cold compress to the treated area for 24 hours after treatment.
- Apply aloe vera cream or a moisturizer. However, consult your dermatologist before doing this.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes around the treated area to ensure airflow.
- Do not scratch or rub the treated area.
- Do not use any harsh skin care products on the treated area.
Before and after results for permanent tattoo removal
If you are looking for the best tattoo removal treatment in Bangalore, your search ends with Dr. Renu’s clinic, located at HSR Layout. Dr. Renu has performed hundreds of laser tattoo removal treatments in the past that too on a variety of skin types. To book an appointment for laser tattoo removal, click here .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How are Tattoos removed?
There are three ways to remove tattoos from the skin: laser, surgery, and dermabrasion. In lasers, the ink is broken down into tiny particles after concentrating a high beam of light on the skin. On the other hand, in the surgical process, the tattooed skin is removed completely, and the remaining skin is stitched back together. In dermabrasion, a sanding device is used to remove the layers of the skin where the tattoo has been inked. This way, the ink is leached out.
2. Are there any side effects?
Laser tattoo removal is a totally safe procedure. However, it has some rare and temporary side effects such as –
3. Do I need many sessions?
It depends on the size, color, and location of the tattoo. In 9 out of 10 cases, you will require multiple sessions to remove the tattoo entirely. An average of 3-8 sessions is what we usually recommend for most patients.
4. How soon can I see the results?
It depends on the body’s response to the treatment. Usually, there will be a gap of 6-8 weeks between each session. Most patients will start noticing changes after three sessions. This means one can see changes in the skin after 18 weeks(since the first session).
5. Is the process painful?
The laser tattoo removal process does involve some level of pain. However, the pain will be almost similar to the one you experienced at the time of getting the tattoo done. But even that can be avoided if a local anesthetic is administered.
6. Am I eligible for this treatment?
It is best to consult a dermatologist to find out if you are eligible for laser tattoo removal treatment. Usually, one can undergo this treatment if they-
- Are in good health
- Have no long-term health issues
- Do not have a history of abnormal scarring
- Do not have a history of allergy to tattoo ink
- Are not currently pregnant or breast-feeding
- Have a natural light skin color